3 min read
- How do you pronounce Niall’s name? “Kneel.” The modern pronunciation (“Nile”) is a result of Anglicization. Niall’s mam is old fashioned and prefers the Celtic pronunciation. It also reminds him to be chivalrous. 😉
- Are the characters based off of anyone in real life? No, they are entirely fictional and the story is completely their own. Please enjoy this character art of Lark and Niall by artist Bianca Duarte.
- Who would the author like to play the characters if the novel were ever optioned for film? Roxanne’s dream cast would be actors Lily Collins and Rory Fleck-Byrne or Robert Sheehan in the roles of Lark and Niall.
- What does Niall sound like? Niall has a lyrical, soft and melodic Irish accent. He lapses back into working class/blue collar verbiage every now and again when he’s passionate about something (“I knew it in me gut” versus “I had a gut feeling”), but he is, for the most part, well spoken. Here are a few videos to give you an idea of what he sounds like.
- Will there be a sequel? Possibly. The novel was written as a standalone book, but if enough readers are interested, Roxanne will consider writing a followup book.
- I heard/saw that the novel had a great review from Publisher’s Weekly. Where can I read it? Publisher’s Weekly hailed When You Close Your Eyes as “a skillfully woven contemporary erotic romance” and praised it as a novel romance fans can get lost in. You can read the press release in its entirety here.
- Is the novel available at libraries? Yes, the book is available at over fourteen libraries within the United States. You can search for it here, and additionally, you can request it from your local librarian if it is not in your local library.
- Is there an audio book? Yes. The audio book is narrated by Australian voice actor Geoffrey Boyes, and it is available on Amazon, Audible, and iTunes. Enjoy this sample audiogram:
- Will there be other books like this one from the author? Yes, Roxanne writes diverse books with different paces and flavors, and she will release many more along the same lines as When You Close Your Eyes. Follow her social media and website for upcoming releases.
- I really loved this book, and I’d like to help it take off and do well. How can I help? Leave reviews! Book reviews help readers find good books, and help authors get noticed. By leaving a review on Amazon, Goodreads, Bookbub, and other retailer sites, browsing readers can benefit from your experience. Also, spread the word! If you fell in love with Lark and Niall’s story, create a blog post about it and tell the romance readers in your life who you believe may enjoy it.
If you have any questions about When You Close Your Eyes you feel should be in the FAQ, please contact the author through the website and it will be added. Thank you.